August 8, 2008

First Post

Hi everyone! Well, I finally found time to create a site where people can view my cards and other paper projects. I figured a blog would be easier than updating my long-untouched website, so here it goes!

I haven't taken pictures of my recent work yet, but I'll be posting some older stuff over the next few days just to get started. I do sell my work and will consider custom orders, so feel free to get in touch with me if you're interested.

The picture above is of quilled flowers on a greeting card. Quilling is basically rolling thin strips of paper into coils that are then pinched into different shapes. These ones were made using 1/8" paper on its edge, so the card is just over 1/8" thick. The quilled designs are sturdier than you might think, although they do sometimes get crushed in the mail if you're not careful. These designs are quite intricate--the pictures really don't do them justice!










No comments:

 
link to website hit counters page
san diego website design