November 11, 2008

Lollipop Lane

Okay, so you'll all think I'm crazy, but I spent the entire weekend decorating a chipboard house with my friend Lara Brooks. It all started a few weeks ago when she asked me something like, "Do you think you could quill gum drops?" I thought carefully for a few seconds and assured her it could be done. Well, the more we thought about it, the more we discovered we could make . . . gum drops, mini sugar cookies, lollipops, lamp posts, an evergreen bush, a wreath, peppermints, poinsettias to fill the window boxes, and even some curls of smoke for authenticity. I think we put in about 70 hours from beginning to end, and we made the deadline for entering the Maya Road Home for the Holidays contest, which is what inspired Lara in the first place. So much fun and such a great team! Here's hoping we win!! :)









3 comments:

Laura said...

Cheryl, this is amazing! I can't believe all the detail you put in! I was just surfing around and found your page in my bookmarks - I'm glad I did :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy this past year. I love the quilled sweets -- they're absolutely precious!

CathQuillScrap said...

This is amazing... please can you tell me how you did it?

 
link to website hit counters page
san diego website design